Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- Credit: Archant
A pupil was taken to hospital after an incident at a school near Norwich.
Police were called at 11.53am on Tuesday, October 19, to reports a boy had been injured in an incident involving another student at Thorpe St Andrew High School.
The boy was taken to hospital to be treated for a superficial injury to his face.
Enquiries are in the early stages and are on-going to establish the circumstances leading up to the incident.
A spokesman from the school, which is managed by The Yare Education Trust, said: “Neither the Trust, nor any of its schools can comment on individual issues, or incidents.
“However, we can confirm that we will always take appropriate, affirmative action to ensure the safety and well-being of our students.”
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'