Public comes to aid of teenager being robbed in Lowestoft
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Members of the public came to the aid of a teenager in Lowestoft when he was pushed off his bicycle and assaulted during an attempted robbery.
The incident happened in Millenium Way at around 6.30pm on Wednesday, April 24.
The victim, a teenage boy, was cycling with a friend when he was approached by a man who pulled him off his bicycle.
He was assaulted and the offender attempted to steal the his bag.
However, members of the public intervened and the offender ran off.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the offender may have run off in the direction of Elizabeth Close.
The suspect is described as a white, around 5ft 9inches tall, with short ginger hair.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
He was wearing a black Superdry jacket and black tracksuit bottoms and was described as being in his 30s.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who was in the area between 6.15pm and 7pm today and who saw anything that might assist with the investigation.
This includes anyone driving in the area who may have dashcam footage.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101, quoting CAD 316 of today, 24 April.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.