Investigation closed after war medals stolen from Norfolk home
- Credit: Archant
An investigation launched after a collection of war medals was stolen from a home in Wymondham has been closed.
Three war medals, two of which were the WW2 Burma Star, were stolen from a home in the Vimy Ridge area of Wymondham, at around 2.30am on Saturday, January 11.
It is believed the thieves fled the scene after being disturbed by the occupants.
Police launched an appeal following the raid but a spokesman for the Norfolk force said 'all lines of enquiry have been exhausted and the investigation has now been closed'.
The spokesman added: 'However, should any more information come to light the investigation would be reopened'.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on 101 quoting reference number 36/2558/20.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland