Investigation closed after war medals stolen from Norfolk home
- Credit: Archant
An investigation launched after a collection of war medals was stolen from a home in Wymondham has been closed.
Three war medals, two of which were the WW2 Burma Star, were stolen from a home in the Vimy Ridge area of Wymondham, at around 2.30am on Saturday, January 11.
It is believed the thieves fled the scene after being disturbed by the occupants.
Police launched an appeal following the raid but a spokesman for the Norfolk force said 'all lines of enquiry have been exhausted and the investigation has now been closed'.
The spokesman added: 'However, should any more information come to light the investigation would be reopened'.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on 101 quoting reference number 36/2558/20.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 7 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 8 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 9 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 10 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision