Prisoner escapes from Norwich Crown Court
Norfolk Constabulary is appealing for help 24 hours after a prisoner escaped from Norwich Crown Court.
Arfath Ali, 28, is wanted by police after escaping custody at the court on Tuesday at around 3.15pm.
He was supposed to be appearing in connection with an assault charge.
Ali is described as 5ft 4 inches tall, of slim build and clean shaven.
He was wearing dark jeans and a blue pullover when last seen.
You may also want to watch:
Ali is known to have links in the Norwich and London areas.
Police would recommend that he is not approached and that members of the public with any information about his whereabouts contact officers as soon as possible.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 5 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 6 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 10 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
Anyone with any information should immediately contact police on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.