Man who bit part of victim’s ear off in city club gets prison warning
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old has been warned all options are open “including prison” after he admitted biting part of a man’s ear off in a Norwich club.
Macauley Marshall bit a small piece of flesh from the victim’s left earlobe off in the attack on November 17, 2018.
Marshall, of Marl Pit Lane, Norwich, has previously admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm on the victim at The Loft nightclub in Rose Lane, Norwich.
He has also admitted possession of a class B drug, namely 0.56 grams of cannabis, on the same date.
The case had been listed for sentencing yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Marshall appeared in court but was not represented by a barrister.
Judge Katharine Moore adjourned sentence until July 2, in order for Marshall to obtain legal representation.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 3 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 4 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 5 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 8 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 'Quite an adventure' - Missing owl found in kitchen 20 miles away
But Judge Moore warned the defendant that “all options are open to the court including prison”.