Police receive report of suspicious male in area where five dogs were poisoned
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have received a report of a suspicious man seen in the same area that dogs have been poisoned.
Officers were informed of a man acting suspiciously at about 10am on January 2 on Church Lane, Potter Heigham.
The report comes after various social media posts warning dog walkers in the area that dog food with poison had been found in the surrounding area.
It is believed that five dogs have had to be treated for poisoning after owners took them for a walk in the area.
A police spokesman said: 'We received a call on Wednesday, January 2 reporting a suspicious male in the area of Church Lane.
You may also want to watch:
'Officers did not attend but information has been taken. The caller was unable to give a description of the male.'
If your pet has been affected after a visit to this area email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 8 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital