Driver clocked at 95mph with three kids, a loose dog and a bald tyre
- Credit: Archant
A BMW driver travelling at 95mph with three children, an unsecured dog and a bald tyre has been caught by police.
Officers pulled over the driver on a dual-carriageway section of the A47 at Dereham after clocking the car at 12.20pm today (Sunday, January 26).
The vehicle's speed was 25mph over the 70mph limit for cars on dual carriageways.
Breckland police said on social media: "To find three children in the car, an unsecured dog and a bald tyre just absolutely shocked us."
The driver, who already had six points on their licence, could face a summons to court and a potential driving ban.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the speeding and the bald tyre were both 'endorsable' offences which meant both a fine and points on the driver's licence.
Officers have been doing speed and vehicle checks on the A47 at Dereham since this morning.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
Earlier in the day, they stopped a van doing 84mph - above the van dual carriageway speed limit of 60 - and another car doing 92mph.
They also stopped a van driver towing a trailer with a small work vehicle on top, and they were reported for 'multiple offences'.