Driver caught with no exhaust on A47
- Credit: Archant
A driver with no exhaust has been stopped by police on one of Norfolk’s busiest roads.
Officers caught the driver on the A47 near Acle on Sunday night.
They also discovered the car had two tyres with exposed cords, defective steering and lights and no front springs.
The driver was given a PG9, a roadworthiness prohibition which is given for mechanical problems or for the condition of a vehicle’s bodywork and equipment.
As a result, they were not allowed to continue their journey to Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter, Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said: “#A47 Acle This vehicle won’t be in Gt Yarmouth tonight. The driver was reported with two tyres exposing cords. Defective steering and lights, no exhaust or front springs.
“This driver was given a #PG9 therefore couldn’t continue their journey #RoadSafety 846/1373/7007 #OpClarion”
- 1 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 2 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 5 School forced to close for Christmas early due to Covid cases
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 More than 1,500 homes and school planned for land alongside NDR