Driver caught with no exhaust on A47
- Credit: Archant
A driver with no exhaust has been stopped by police on one of Norfolk’s busiest roads.
Officers caught the driver on the A47 near Acle on Sunday night.
They also discovered the car had two tyres with exposed cords, defective steering and lights and no front springs.
The driver was given a PG9, a roadworthiness prohibition which is given for mechanical problems or for the condition of a vehicle’s bodywork and equipment.
As a result, they were not allowed to continue their journey to Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter, Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said: “#A47 Acle This vehicle won’t be in Gt Yarmouth tonight. The driver was reported with two tyres exposing cords. Defective steering and lights, no exhaust or front springs.
“This driver was given a #PG9 therefore couldn’t continue their journey #RoadSafety 846/1373/7007 #OpClarion”
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears