Police still searching for arrested man a week after he fled from N&N
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Police are continuing to hunt for an arrested man a week after he fled from police while being taken to hospital.
The man, who had been arrested in connection with public order offences, had been receiving treatment at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) but fled at around 11.35am on Wednesday, July 31.
A hunt for the suspect was launched immediately and is still continuing a week after he disappeared.
A police spokesan said he was "still outstanding and enquiries are ongoing to trace him".
The man is described as being black, in his 20s with short hair, was wearing light tracksuit bottoms and a dark top.
You may also want to watch:
It is not thought the man poses a threat to the wider public.
Police initially told staff at the John Innes Centre not to leave the premises while they searched for the man following his escape.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit