Investigation continues after group of Santas damaged Norwich wall
- Credit: Archant
Police say they are continuing to investigate after a group of Santas sent a wall crashing to the ground after they tried to pull down a political party sign before Christmas.
The group, who were dressed in Father Christmas suits and hats, were spotted vandalising a Labour Party sign which had been put up outside a house in Norwich's Golden Triangle.
The men were followed to a nearby pub by a neighbour who challenged the group and asked them to apologise and offer to pay for the damage, but they insisted it had not been them.
Police confirmed they had been called to reports of criminal damage in the area at about 10pm on Friday, December 6.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the matter was still being investigated.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the damage should call PC Terry Chambers at Earlham Police Station on 101 quoting crime reference: 36/85398/19.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman