Police seize car for third time in three months
- Credit: Archant
Officers seized a car for the third time in three months - before arresting the driver on suspicion of drug driving.
Police in Dereham stopped a Volkswagen Golf on Yaxham Road yesterday (January 14) after it was seen abruptly pulling out from a side road.
Having spoken to the driver - a man in his 30s - officers conducted a DrugWipe test which was positive for cannabis.
He was arrested on suspicion of drug driving and the vehicle was seized for having no tax - the third time since November it has been seized for either not having tax or insurance.
The driver was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, where blood samples were taken to be sent off for analysis. He has been released under investigation pending the results.
You may also want to watch:
The car, which did not belong to the arrested man, will be released back to the owner once it is taxed and fees are paid for its release.
If the vehicle has not been collected within 14 days, it will be disposed of.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Man and woman found dead in home
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'