Police seize four dogs after reports of ‘lamping’
- Credit: Archant
Police seized four dogs, a car and a lamp after finding suspected hare coursers.
Officers received a report of people coursing at Melton Constable in north Norfolk late on Wednesday night.
A vehicle was found, with two men with two dogs nearby. Two men, also with two dogs, returned to the vehicle and a dead hare was found inside. The investigation is ongoing.
Coursing gangs are believed to be operating at night in a bid to foil police.
A powerful flood lamp is used to light up the quarry for the dogs to pursue it.
You may also want to watch:
In other areas of the country so-called bull lurchers - a powerful cross between a Staffordshire bull terrier and a running dog - are being used to hunt larger animals such as foxes, badgers and deer.
Police fear it is only a matter of time before bull lurchers are used in Norfolk.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain