Man arrested in King’s Lynn rape investigation is released
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with an alleged rape in King's Lynn has been released pending further enquiries.
It follows a report made by a woman to police officers on patrol in Norfolk Street on Friday night that she had been raped in a nearby alleyway.
The man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the incident and questioned at King's Lynn Investigation Centre.
He remained in custody overnight, but a spokesman for Norfolk Police said on Sunday morning that he had been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
A cordon was put in place temporarily around the Norfolk Street area on Saturday following the incident, which was reported shortly after 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Specialist officers are supporting the victim.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or have information about it is asked to contact Det Con Sarah Mitchell at King's Lynn CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 9 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week