How cute! Meet the police force’s latest recruit
- Credit: Archant
He is just eight weeks old and cute as a button.
But young Stanley is already preparing to get his paws dirty in the fight against crime in Norfolk and Suffolk.
The English springer spaniel will be spending his time training and developing to become an explosive search dog - all in between playtime and bonding with his partner PC Didwell.
Norfolk and Suffolk's Police Dog Unit introduced the pup to the world via its Twitter account on Sunday July 28.
Sharing the photos of the joyous scamp rolling on the grass with a tennis ball, the post read: "This little cutie will cheer up your rainy Sunday. Please say a BIG hello to TPD Stanley. This 8 wk old has joined the section & will be brought on by Pc Didwell. Stanley will hopefully be one of our explosive search dogs in the future. Follow his progress right here."
You may also want to watch:
- To keep up-to-date with Stanley's progress you can following the police dog unit @NSPoliceDogs on Twitter.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea