Driver flees from police in suspected stolen car and passenger arrested for selling drugs
- Credit: Archant
Police pursued a suspected stolen car through Norwich this evening after it failed to stop for officers.
The Operation Moonshot City team attempted to pull over a blue Vauxhall in the city shortly after 4.20pm, but it took off.
The male driver decamped from the vehicle near to Gildencrofts, Norwich after a chase lasting around two minutes.
Officers involved included the Moonshot City team, motorcycles from the roads policing unit and Norwich officers.
After the car stopped, the female passenger was arrested for allowing herself to be in a potential stolen vehicle and also being concerned in the supply of drugs.
You may also want to watch:
She is currently at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre and will be questioned later.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash