Alleged drink driver arrested after police chase
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with numerous driving offences following a police chase.
The driver of a Vauxhall van was spotted by officers from the Norfolk & Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team making 'several mistakes which could have easily been fatal,' in Lowestoft on Thursday evening (January 31).
The team Tweeted that the vehicle failed to stop and after subsequent attempts to 'out drive' the officers failed as well, the motorist then tried to outrun police.
The attempts failed as the van driver was arrested after a chase.
A police spokesman said: 'Police had reason to ask to stop a Vauxhall van overnight due to a light defect.
You may also want to watch:
'When the vehicle failed to stop police followed the vehicle and the male driver decamped in the Harbour Road area of Oulton Broad before being arrested.
'He was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.'
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
The man was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and charged with drink driving, driving with no insurance, driving with no MOT and failing to stop.
The police spokesman added: 'Ben Eldon, 41, of Lawn Grove in Lowestoft, will appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates court on February 20.'