Tractor driver pulled over for texting behind the wheel
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a tractor pulling a trailer was pulled over by police after being seen using a mobile phone behind the wheel.
Officers stopped the farm vehicle on the A1122 between Swaffham and Downham Market.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team said on Twitter: "#PC880 & #PC1607 stopped this tractor on the A1122 at Swaffham after the driver was witnessed texting whilst he was driving."
The police went onto issue a warning about the dangers of picking up the phone while driving.
They said: "If he was involved in a collision due to being distracted it's more than likely there would be serious injuries involved. #Fatal4 #EyesOnTheRoad."
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened on July 6.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK