Public watch as man Tasered by police in city centre
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Drama unfolded on a city centre street when a man was Tasered by police officers.
The incident happened on St Andrew’s Street, Norwich, near St Andrews Brew House at around 2.30pm on Saturday, November 7.
An eyewitness said she saw the man being Tasered after he apparently hit out at police, claiming he was defending his friend.
The eyewitness said firefighters, who were not involved in the incident, helped the police officers.
She said firefighters told her the original man, who was being held by officers, was arrested for assaulting a bus driver.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police has been approached for comment.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants