Investigations into city centre stabbing continue
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police said they are continuing to investigate after a man in his 30s was stabbed yesterday evening.
The incident happened around 6.20pm on Thursday, December 13, in the St Augustines Gate area of Norwich.
The victim, a man in his 30s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and has since been discharged.
A second man was taken to hospital after falling ill, but is not believed to be a victim of crime.
A cordon was put in place on Aylsham Road while initial enquiries were carried out, but has since been lifted.
You may also want to watch:
A 27-year-old woman, who did not want to be named, said officers had also stopped a bus at the scene.
Norfolk Police said: 'Officers are keen to hear from any witnesses or anyone who has information regarding the incident. They're asked to contact DC Mike Blowers and/or DC Chris Edwards at Norwich CID on 101.'
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help