Hunt continues for man who punched girl, 16, in face in car park assault
- Credit: James Bass
Police are continuing to search for a man who punched a teenage girl in the face and then fled the scene.
Witnesses are being sought following the assault in the Station Square area of Lowestoft.
The 16-year-old girl was assaulted in a car park near Lowestoft railway station about 8.15pm on Saturday, October 20.
A police spokesman said: 'The victim, a 16-year-old teenage girl, was punched in the face by a male who then fled the scene in the direction of Pier Terrace.
'No serious injuries were caused.'
You may also want to watch:
Following the assault a witness appeal was launched on the Lowestoft Police Facebook page and inquiries are continuing as the man is still being sought by police.
A police spokesman said: 'The offender has not been traced at this time.'
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
Anyone who may have seen the incident or saw any suspicious activity should contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference 37/60772/18.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org