Police still hunting driver who fled from scene one week after crash
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to search for a driver who fled from the scene of a crash.
Householders described how their homes shook when a VW Beetle Sport careered off the road and hit three walls and a vehicle on Montgomery Avenue in Lowestoft.
The crash, which happened about 10.20pm last Tuesday, October 9, significantly damaged the walls of three houses, while the VW Beetle Sport also hit a lamppost and slightly damaged one car on its way down the road before it spun out of control and ploughed into a red Toyota Verso parked on a driveway.
With the motorist yet to be located by police, officers are still hunting the man who fled from the scene of the crash.
A police spokesman said: 'The driver of the vehicle is still outstanding and inquiries are ongoing.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or who has any information, should call Lowestoft police on 101, quoting crime reference 583 74/18.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 6 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 7 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk