Police release description of man who fled from hospital
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A description of a man who fled from police while being taken to hospital has been released while the hunt continues.
A Norfolk Police spokesperson said that the man was black, in his 20s with short hair. He was wearing light tracksuit bottoms and a dark top.
The man had been receiving treatment at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) but fled at around 11.35am on Wednesday (July 31).
A hunt for the suspect was launched immediately and is still continuing.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "Police continue to track a man who absconded from the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital yesterday morning, while under arrest for public order offences.
You may also want to watch:
"Our enquiries are ongoing, and it is not believed that he poses a threat to the wider public."
As previously reported, police told staff at the John Innes Centre not to leave the premises while they search for a man who had been arrested for public order offences.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
An NNUH spokesman said they were unable to comment because of patient confidentiality.