Police shut fraud investigation at social club
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A fraud investigation at a Wymondham social club has been closed because of lack of evidence, police said.
More than £4,200 went missing from Wymondham and District Ex-Services Social Club, at Friarscroft Lane in 2018, according to its accounts for that year.Police were alerted months later and the club's committee declined to comment at the time.
Its accounts for 2018 reveal that there was a £4,279 difference between the accounting records and actual cash counted.
According to one source some members resigned in protest.
Police confirmed last July they were investigating, but a spokesman said on Tuesday that the probe had now been closed because of a lack of evidence.
No arrests were made.
You may also want to watch:
The social club turned over almost £300,000 in 2018.
It hosts live music, bingo nights and film screenings.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault