Investigation ongoing after teenage girl has knife held to her throat in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to investigate an incident where a teen had a knife held to her throat and her boyfriend slashed in a terrifying attack.
The 17-year-old City College Norwich student, who does not want to be named, had been cycling with her 20-year-old boyfriend on Mile Cross Road, Norwich, when they were subjected to a torrent of verbal abuse from a group of young people.
The victim said they had called her fat before one of the group started attacking her boyfriend.
The teen said her boyfriend was cut in the arm after he pulled the attacker off her.
The offender slashed the female victim's bike tyres before running off down Hansard Close where he was challenged by members of the public but managed to get away.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the investigation into the incident, which happened at about 4.50pm on February 28 this year, was "ongoing".
Call police on 101.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it