Police continue to investigate knife attack on couple in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police are still investigating after a teenager had a knife held to her throat and her boyfriend was slashed in a terrifying attack in Norwich.
The 17-year-old City College Norwich student, who does not want to be named, had been cycling with her 20-year-old boyfriend on Mile Cross Road, Norwich, when they were subjected to a torrent of verbal abuse from a group of young people.
The victim said they had called her fat before one of the group started attacking her boyfriend.
The teen said her boyfriend was cut in the arm after he pulled the attacker off her.
The offender slashed the female victim's bike tyres before running off down Hansard Close where he was challenged by members of the public but managed to get away.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said inquiries are ongoing into the incident which happened at about 4.50pm on February 28 this year.
Information to police on 101.
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 9 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend