Police continue to investigate hit and run crash in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing to investigate a fail-to-stop crash which happened in Norwich.
It happened on Edward Street, opposite the entrance to Epic Studios, at about 5.10pm on Friday, April 5, when a black VW Passat, was involved in a collision with a pedestrian.
The casualty, a woman in her 70s, suffered serious injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The driver of the vehicle initially stopped but then left the scene.
Following enquiries, a 30-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and drug driving.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been released under investigation.
A police spokesman said enquiries into the collision were ongoing.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Anyone with information about the crash should contact PC Rob Hardingham on 101.