Investigation closed after boy, 17, stabbed near park in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
An investigation into a stabbing near a children's park has been closed, police have revealed.
Punters from The Whiffler Pub on Boundary Road rushed to help a 17-year-old who had been stabbed in the leg while he sat in a parked car in Bowers Avenue, near Boundary Road.
A police spokesman said the masked perpetrator smashed the passenger window of the car in what is believed to be a targeted attack. The attacker then fled.
The man was then taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to receive further treatment, but his injuries were not life threatening.
An investigation was launched by police following the attack, which happened at about 6.20pm on Thursday, January 16.
You may also want to watch:
But a spokesman said "all enquiries have been exhausted and the investigation has been closed".
Howevee anyone with information should call 101.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault