Woodland rape investigation called off
- Credit: Archant
An investigation into a rape in Norwich has been closed after almost five months.
A woman reported being raped in the Old Library Wood in Rosary Road in the early hours of Tuesday, September 17.
It happened while she was walking home along Thorpe Road and Rosary Road from the city centre.
An appeal was launched for information into the incident.
A man in his 30s was arrested in connection with the incident and released pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
But police have since said the investigation has been closed.
A spokesman said: "All lines of enquiry have been exhausted and the case has now been closed. Of course, we would always review any new information that came to light."
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
Anyone with information can call police on 101.