VW Golf crashes into parked cars and flips on roof after police chase
- Credit: Google maps
Three people have been arrested after a police chase ended with a driver smashing into parked cars.
It happened after police tried to stop a silver VW Golf on St Hugh's Green in Gorleston at around 10.45pm last night (Wednesday, September 29) due to the manner of driving, but it sped away.
Officers pursued the vehicle after it failed to stop, which resulted in the Golf colliding with two parked cars on Wadham Road and flipping onto its roof.
A man and a woman, both aged in their 30s, were arrested at the scene.
A man in his 20s was also arrested on suspicion of public order offences and obstructing police.
They all remain in Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre and will be questioned in due course.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also attended to make the area safe and deal with a fuel leak, taking around 40 minutes.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
There were no reports of any injuries.