‘There’s no plaice to hide’ police dog sniffs out man hiding in a fish and chip shop
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of burglary after police were called to reports of suspicious activity at a fish and chip shop in Acle.
Officers were called to the take-away in New Road, at around 1am this morning (Tuesday, March 12).
Upon arriving, officers found two men inside the property, one tried to escape by running away but was chased down by an officer, who tasered the man before arresting him.
While the second, tried to hide from officers but was quickly sniffed out by police dog Harry.
Sharing news of the incident on social media, Norfolk and Suffolk police tweeted; 'Great team work tonight, called to reports of a burglary at a chip shop to assist @NSRAPT who detained one male.
You may also want to watch:
'PD Harry deployed to search the premises and locates another male inside! There is no plaice to hide. The nose knows.'
Following the incident, two men, a 31-year-old from Devon and a 46-year-old from London have been arrested on suspicion of burglary and remain in police custody
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street