‘Speed limits haven’t changed’ - Police hit 132mph on A47 to catch speeding driver
- Credit: Archant
A driver caught doing nearly 130mph on the A47 is among a string of stops made by Norfolk Police in recent days.
Officers have issued several warnings on Twitter as they cautioned a series of drivers reaching dangerous levels of speed.
A police driver had to get up to 132mph to catch one driver on the A47 near Acle, prompting Norfolk and Suffolk’s Roads and Armed Policing Team to warn on Twitter: “Just because the roads are less busy, doesn’t mean the speed limits have changed.”
On the NDR, another driver reached speeds of 127mph in a 70mph zone and was stopped by police.
Norfolk and Suffolk’s Roads and Armed Policing Team said on Twitter. “Driver reported at 127mph (70 limit) their reply after caution was ‘will I lose my licence.’”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, officers reported another driver exceeding the 50mph limit on the A47 near North Burlingham by hitting speeds of 73mph.
“They said they didn’t know what the speed limit was, however the road signs are there 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.” said Norfolk Special Constabulary on Twitter.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village