Police called to fight in Tesco car park
- Credit: Archant © 2007
A car has been damaged after a fight broke out between two men in a supermarket car park.
Police officers were called to the Tesco Extra superstore on Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, on the edge of Norwich, shortly after 1.30pm on Saturday, January 2.
Insp Gina Hopkinson, from Norfolk Police, said: "There was an allegation that two individuals had been fighting."
She added a car had been damaged as part of the argument and a 21-year-old local man was arrested for assault and criminal damage.
He was taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre by officers.
The large car park was not sealed off to customers and no paramedics or other emergency service workers were called to the fight.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy