Police arrest two over armed robbery at Francis Wain Jewellers, in King’s Lynn
Detectives have arrested two males in connection with the robbery at a jewellers shop in King's Lynn in January.
Masked men armed with sledgehammers and a handgun smashed their way into the jewellers shop, on Norfolk Street, on the morning of January 31.
They pulled up in a silver Mercedes people carrier and used a smoke bomb to conceal themselves.
Two males then entered the store and caused damage to the shop and various items of value were taken before the vehicle then made off in the direction of Chapel Street.
A 20-year-old man and a 16-year-old youth were arrested overnight in the London area. They are awaiting questioning.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 9 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 10 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers