Football club 'gutted' after mopeds tear up pitch
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for information after Norfolk football pitches were damaged by people on mopeds.
Football pitches in Dersingham were damaged on Tuesday, February 16 and police have said the incident is believed to have taken place around 7.30am.
A spokesperson said suspects riding mopeds "tore up the pitch, causing damage".
Dersingham Rovers FC tweeted that they were "gutted" when they came across their pitch.
The tweet said: "After all the hard work that has gone on down The Pastures this season, we are gutted to see this today.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone that knows or may have seen this take place, please get in touch. A lot of money and time that has already been spent on the pitches this season all for nothing."
Police want to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or noticed anyone on mopeds in the area around the time stated.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Anyone with information should contact PC Glen Barnes at Hunstanton Police Station on 101 quoting incident number 38 of 16 February.