Police hunt for wanted Norwich man behind prolific shoplifting spree
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
Police are appealing for help to trace a man wanted in the Norwich area.
Gary Jakeman, 31, of William Kett Close, is wanted on recall to prison for breaching the terms of his licence.
Mr Jakeman has had previous convictions for theft and carried out a spree of offending across the city during the coronavirus pandemic, including two thefts from vehicles and a fraud offence.
Between July 25 and November 16 last year he committed 11 shoplifting offences, with the total value of items stolen around £2,167.
Mr Jakeman also committed three shoplifting offences and a theft from vehicle between August 28 and September 28, 2020.
Mr Jakeman was sentenced to a total of 15 months in prison On February 18.
He is described as white, 5ft 11 tall, with short brown hair and beard.
Anyone who may have seen him, or knows of his whereabouts, should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.