Police appeal for witnesses after Rottweiler attack
- Credit: PA
Police are urging witnesses to come forward after a Rottweiler broke free from its collar and attacked another dog.
A man was walking his German Shepherd dog on a lead along Sands Lane, in Lowestoft, on Sunday, April 12 at 5.30pm when another dog owner lost control of their Rottweiler, which then attacked the German Shepherd.
Officers say the owner of the German Shepherd noticed a man and a woman walking a Rottweiler dog towards him on the other side of the road when they lost control of the dog.
“The man was trying to control the Rottweiler but it slipped its collar and ran across the road, behaving aggressively and tried to bite the German Shepherd dog, causing alarm and distress,” a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
It is believed the Rottweiler may live near to Sands Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Officers say anyone who witnessed the incident or has knowledge as to who the owners were should contact Lowestoft police, quoting crime reference 37/20970/20.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub