Call for information on theft of £6,500 worth of electric cable
- Credit: Archant
A woman has urged anyone with any information about the theft of more than £6,500 worth of electrical cable to contact police, despite the investigation having been closed.
A probe was launched after 300 metres of cable, weighing 1.3 tonnes, was stolen from property on Hall Road, Cantley.
Police had been appealing for witnesses to the theft, which happened sometime between 11am on November 11 and 3pm on November 13.
A police spokesman said: "All lines of enquiry have been exhausted and the investigation has been closed. However, should any further information come to light, officers will investigate it."
But Imogen Budd, 47, who has a livery at Hall Road, Cantley, who had the cable for a shepherd's hut project they were looking to start at the site, still hoped someone might have information about the theft.
She said: "We've been here for just over a year and were just trying to start something new. It's just devastating."
Information to police on 101.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 7 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told