Picture update: Overstrand man jailed for one of largest hauls of indecent child images in Norfolk. Offences committed in North Walsham area
- Credit: Archant
A 69-year-old north Norfolk man has been sentenced to eight months in prison after police found more than 5,600 indecent images and movies of children - one of the largest discoveries in Norfolk - on his laptop.
Christopher Robin Sibellas, of Hillingdon Park, Overstrand, pleaded guilty to four counts of making and possessing indecent images of children. The offences were committed in the North Walsham area between 2006 and 2012.
DC Mark Randall, who led the investigation, said: 'The constabulary is committed to bringing such offenders to justice and has a dedicated team of investigators who deal with crimes involving children.
'We hope this case sends out a strong message to those intent on possessing such images.
'We should remember that behind every image there is a victim of abuse.'
Sibellas appeared at Norwich Crown Court where, as well as the jail term, he was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.
And he was also given a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO) for five years.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?