Person arrested after crash sees car overturned and lamppost uprooted
- Credit: Archant
A person has been arrested after a car was overturned and a lamppost uprooted following a collision on a Norwich road.
Officers attended a road traffic collision involving two vehicles on Heartsease Lane, near Rider Haggard Road, on Thursday evening.
An eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "The driver sped off down Heartsease Lane before colliding into the back of a Peugeot, then spinning and rolling over, taking a lamppost from the ground."
They added: "The driver and young passenger of the Peugeot received cuts from showering glass and were bleeding."
The collision was described by a police spokesperson as having caused "minor injuries".
You may also want to watch:
They also confirmed that one person had been arrested at the scene.
Firefighters from Sprowston and Earlham fire stations also attended the incident and made the scene safe, after being alerted at 8.25pm.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'