Parents accused of murdering baby refused bail
A mother and father charged with the murder of their baby daughter have been refused bail.
Three-month-old Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on December 18, last year, after becoming unresponsive at her home at Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade.
She was transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, but died two days later on December 20.
A post mortem examination established she died from a severe head injury.
Christopher Easey, 30 and Carly Easey, 35, have both been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, of Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, appeared at Norwich Crown Court for a bail hearing.
However Judge Stephen Holt refused bail and remanded the pair in custody until their next court appearance.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
A plea and trial preparation hearing has been set for October 13.
A potential trial date is set for March 8, next year.