Teenager burnt as firework thrown through window
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich teenager was burnt after a firework was thrown through the window of his mother's home and set fire to the carpet.
A neighbour said the family, who live in Rolleston Close, were forced to flee their property as it filled with black smoke.
It is understood that the victim's 13-year-old son was burnt during the incident, which happened at about 8.30pm on Thursday, November 1.
A 33-year-old woman, who lives nearby, said: 'I was upstairs at the time and the next thing I know I heard a lot of shouting.
'They came over to get help from my husband as he is an ex-fireman. There was a lot of smoke in the house and the carpet was on fire.
You may also want to watch:
'They were very shocked about it all. No one has a clue who did it.'
• Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact PC Richard Walker at Earlham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage