Norwich Prison health worker accused of relationship with inmate
- Credit: Archant
A health care worker at Norwich Prison has appeared in court, accused of having a relationship with an inmate.
Jayne Walker, 45, of Janet Smith Close, Thorpe St Andrew, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court to hear a charge of abuse of the public's trust.
Walker is accused of having a relationship with a prisoner while working as a health care professional at Norwich Prison from May 1 to September 1 2018.
Walker did not enter a plea. The court heard she was in the process of arranging a solicitor, who has not yet received the prosecution's evidence.
Andrew Mickerson, prosecuting, said that although the prisoner in question was not under Walker's care at the time she still engaged in a relationship with him and it was believed she intended to assist him in some way.
You may also want to watch:
Walker will appear at Norwich Crown Court on November 16 2018.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 8 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub