Driver hit 64mph in 30mph zones during police chase in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man led police on a chase at up to 64mph on residential roads with 30mph limits in Norwich, a court heard.
Shane Revell, 20, had been driving a BMW 118 M-Sport on Salhouse Road, Mousehold Lane and Rider Haggard Road, Norwich on February 24 last year.
Norwich Magistrates Court heard there was a police chase in a built up area with the defendant reaching speeds of up to 64mph before the incident came to an end.
Revell, of Bolton Road, Norwich, appeared in court on Thursday (May 9) having been charged with driving a motor vehicle dangerously.
The case was deemed too serious for the magistrates court to deal with and it was sent to Norwich Crown Court on June 6.
You may also want to watch:
Revell was granted bail until the next hearing.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47