Murder trial set to begin
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man accused of the murder of a 39-year-old who was attacked in a Norwich flat is set to begin on Tuesday.
James Greene died at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Thursday, June 6, following an incident at Dolphin Grove, where he lived.
Police had attended the address following reports of a disturbance and Mr Greene was taken to hospital but died in the early hours.
Peter Bruton, 26, of no fixed address, has previously denied murder.
Bruton attended Norwich Crown Court for a brief pre-trial review hearing on November 6, when the trial was due to begin on Monday but was delayed until Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement released following Mr Greene's death, his family said they had been left devastated.
They said: "We are devastated and shocked by James' death and would like to thank the staff at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for all of their support."
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk