Norwich man to go on trial accused of rape and threats to kill woman
- Credit: Archant
A man is to go on trial accused of a series of offences against a woman, including rape, assaults, wounding and making threats to kill her.
Nathan Atkins, 28, is accused of two counts of rape against the woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, on February 15 this year.
Atkins, of Ber Street, Norwich, is also accused of making a threat to kill the victim on May 10 this year.
Other charges Atkins faces include unlawful wounding, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, unlawful wounding, two counts of assault by beating and a further offence of controlling or coercive behaviour.
The offences are said to have happened between 2017 and 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Atkins appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Thursday (September 12) when he denied all eight charges. He will stand trial on November 4.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck