Norwich man accused of 18 sex offences, including nine rapes
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with multiple counts of rape against a female over a seven year period.
Christen Wiles, 48, from Phoenix Yard, off Leopard Court, Norwich, has been charged with a total of 18 offences, including nine counts of rape against a female under 16 between 2002 and 2009.
Wiles, who wore a grey top in the dock, is also charged with five counts of causing or inciting a girl under 13 to engage in sexual activity between 2004 and 2007.
In addition, he has been charged with two counts of sexual assault against the same complaint, between 2012 and 2016 and one count of indecent assault.
Wiles, who was represented by Simon Nicholls, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday (June 30) when he spoke only to confirm his details.
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on July 28.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?