Search

Norwich man cleared of child offences following Marie Black abuse trial speaks out

PUBLISHED: 06:44 30 September 2015 | UPDATED: 08:21 30 September 2015

Anthony Stadler. Picture: DENISE BRADLEY

Anthony Stadler. Picture: DENISE BRADLEY

Archant

A man who was acquitted of offences against children following a long-running abuse trial has today spoken out about his ordeal.

Marie Black, Jason Adams and Michael Rogers have been sentenced to a total of more than 70 years in prison after being convicted, following a three-month trial, of a total of more than 40 offences, including rape, sexual assault and ABH, carried out against their victims.

Anthony Stadler, 64, of Church Close, Norwich, was originally charged with six offences but was one of six defendants cleared of all counts by the jury in July.

Speaking after the sentencing hearing on Monday Mr Stadler, who had “no doubt whatsoever” he would be cleared, said it had been an “absolute nightmare”. He said: “It’s been a complete disruption on my life and my activities.”

But the keen bird watcher and Norwich City fan said he, like the others who were found not guilty, wanted to “put it behind us” and were grateful for the “support” of others.

He said: “We’ve had support prior to us even entering the court room and even before charges were placed. There has been considerable support from a great number of people who know us and other parties involved in the case.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press