Drunk threw punch at man, but missed and hit his own girlfriend
- Credit: Archant
A man attempted to punch someone in the face while drunk only to miss and hit his girlfriend.
Aaron Wyatt, 25, of Vale Green, Norwich, was arrested on Prince of Wales Road in the city on October 20.
Crown prosecutor Josephine Jones told Norwich Magistrates' Court on Friday, November 22 that Wyatt had swung his fist at another man but because he was drunk he missed and hit his girlfriend in the face.
Wyatt's girlfriend and the man did not want to press charges but police were in the area and saw the incident.
Ms Jones told the court Wyatt was swearing, had slurred speech and appeared repetitive in his actions.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested and charged with being drunk and disorderly.
Wyatt told the court he has turned his life around and started a new job in the care service.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
He entered a guilty plea and was fined £100.