Norwich City v Liverpool streaker arrested after skipping court hearing
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A man who streaked during Norwich City's defeat against Liverpool at Anfield has been arrested for skipping court.
Grant Sleight, of Bussey Road, Norwich. was arrested by a Norwich North Safer Neighbourhood Team officer on a patrol bike on Tuesday afternoon for failing to turn up to court in Merseyside for streaking.
The 29-year-old was due to appear before Sefton Magistrates Court on August 28 but failed to attend the hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
During the Premier League opener on August, 9, Mr Sleight ran naked across the pitch in front of the 54,000 fans.
Afterwards, he spoke to this newspaper and said his motivation was to make people happy.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I just decided I was going to do it, I told my friends I was going to do it, and so, I did. I hadn't touched a drop of anything."
Norwich City Football Club has banned Sleight from Carrow Road for life.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
The club said: "Norwich City can confirm the individual who entered the field of play from the stand at Anfield on Friday night did not hold an away membership with the club and did not purchase a ticket via our official club channels.
"The individual has now been banned for life from Carrow Road and will also be subject to legal proceedings.
"Please be aware that any other person(s) who encroaches on the pitch at any fixture involving Norwich City will be handed the same punishment."
Mr Sleight has also been banned from Anfield for five years and could face a £5,000 fine.