Woman accused of murdering her husband still undergoing tests
- Credit: Archant
A woman charged with the murder of her husband in Wymondham is still undergoing further psychiatric tests, a court heard.
Kumarathas Rajasingam, 57, was found at a property in Burdock Close in the town on Saturday, March 16 with serious wounds to his head and chest.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he died the following morning.
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, 54, has been charged with the murder of her husband.
A hearing was held at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday for an update on the case, but Kumarathas was not required to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Her barrister Jonathan Goodman told the court there were further tests being carried out and another hearing will be held on September 6.
Lori Tucker appeared for the prosecution.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 7 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
Judge Stephen Holt adjourned the case.
A trial has been fixed for December 2. this year.
Mr Rajasingam used to own the nearby Spar supermarket on Blackthorn Road